Begin an Exciting Career as a Pharmacy Technician
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) lists pharmacy technicians as one of the 30 fastest growing careers from 2008-2018. The salary usually falls in the range of $20,000-$40.000, but professionals can earn as high as $50,000. Not bad for a position that only requires a certificate or an Associates degree. Training can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. Furthermore, the need for Pharmacy Technicians is increasing because of the aging population in the United States.
Pharmacy Technicians provide a valuable service to the community and the technicians with a lot of experience can be promoted supervisory positions which will translate into more pay. In addition, Pharmacy Technicians will earn 401k benefits, sick pay, insurance, and educational training. By going back to school online for an Associates to become a Pharmacy Technician you can study anytime or anywhere and not give up your current income or responsibilities. You can plan your education around your life, not your life around your education.
Pharmacy Technicians must be compliant with:
- Registered with the state and with the Board of Pharmaceuticals and must complete 20 hours of continuing education before license renewal
- Pharmacy Technician license must be renewed every 2 years.
- The Pharmacy Technician Board Certification Board must approve the Pharmacy Technician’s certification
- Certification will improve the Technician’s salary and job prospects
- Pharmacy Technicians must be extremely detailed in their work to facilitate properly dispensing medication
- They need to be friendly and patient by providing good customer care
To complete an Associates degree to become a Medical Technician you will finish a variety of academic courses to prepare you in this profession. Getting an Associates degree will require core courses such as Introduction to Pharmacy, and English Composition in order to give you a well rounded education. In addition to the core courses, you will also need select electives such General Education course in humanities like an Introduction to Literature class. Other categories include courses from the Natural Sciences such as an Introduction to Biology class. Getting Associates to become a Pharmacy Technician through an online education has never been any easier. For free information about getting an online Associates degree, please visit: http://www.onlinedegreenavigator.org/