You’ve heard it before but it can’t be stressed enough, getting a degree can help improve your job situation, or help you change careers entirely. If you’ve ever wondered about going back to school to improve your job prospects and income, you should act now by exploring options for an online degree. One of the easiest and fastest solutions to jump starting a career and bettering your income is to get an education online. An online education is a great way to fit your degree into your schedule. By studying online you won’t disrupt your current routine or income.
Getting a degree has been researched and the results have shown that you’ll more often than not, if have more education, you'll make more money. You might be spending countless hours at a job that doesn’t provide satisfaction or provide an income that will get you ahead. There are so many accredited online programs to choose from, including not only university degrees, but also vocational degrees that are lucrative as well. Furthermore, getting an online graduate degree can also provide dividends to really jump start your career. You might be interested in becoming a manager in your field in order to establish that upward path trajectory. To start yourself on a plan towards success and become proactive in your life consider the following criteria for an online degree:
1. Curriculum matters. Research the best online degrees for the career you want to pursue. Read articles about the kind of courses you’ll be taking and what kind of income to expect when you complete your degree. You want the degree program to match your goals.
2. Consider the quality of the faculty and student body. What are the degrees held by the professors and what kind of testimonials do the students give? Do the professors teaching still work in the field you want to pursue? Likewise, knowing what kind of people make up the school’s student body may help you find a proper fit for your interests.
3. Make sure the school and program you’re interested in is accredited. There a number of agencies that grants accreditation, sometimes within a certain region. You can check with the US Department of Education at: http://www.ed.gov/. The accrediting agencies include:
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
- Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training
- Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
- Council on Occupational Education
- Distance Education and Training Council Accrediting Commission
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- New York State Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Education
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools; The Higher Learning Commission
- North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools Accreditation Commission
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
4. Money Matters. Consider the price of tuition and any other fees that may apply. Some online schools have a lower price tag since they have fewer buildings and utility fees to pay. You should be able to get information and a close estimate to the final price tag of your education from start to finish.
5. Finally, Go through your daily, “to do” list so that you can clearly see the time you have to dedicate to your studies. Students that study the same time and place each day tend to establish good study habits and do well. However, keep in mind if you travel for your job, you’ll still be able to fit studies in if you commit early on.
After all your online school research you should be able to clearly envision your success. Success comes with hard work and getting an online education will help you realize your dreams on your own time.
Getting started on the right path to success will more than likely make you happier in the long run. Most people experience great satisfaction when they are in the career they want to be and make enough money so they feel comfortable. For more information about online degrees, please visit: http://www.onlinedegreenavigator.org/
Select the tab, Online Degree in order to search the kind of online programs you’re interested in. Finally, once you’ve found a fit, enter your contact information so that a school representative can assist you. The information you enter will only be given to a school representative so that you'll better understand the program. Most likely, you'll be given the answers to the prior 5 questions.