Yellow Ribbon

yellow-ribbonMore Money for Veterans

The Yellow Ribbon Program comes under the post 9/11 GI Bill. Private colleges and universities can enter into dollar matching agreements with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to cover any outstanding tuition and fees above those covered by the base GI Bill benefit. Soon even public colleges or universities can enter to cover the costs of non-resident veterans or those enrolled in more expensive programs such as law or business. The American Council on Education is confident a significant number of public and private institutions will be participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program.